Monday, April 18, 2011

What a Week-End!!

What do Sarah Palin, exercise for the liver, Smithy, and the Cheesecake Factory have in common? Think hard........ The answer is the "Women of Joy" Conference. A group of 20 women from our area went to Oklahoma City for the week-end to attend the conference. It was wonderful.

We sang with Michael W Smith and Charles Billingsley and heard Sarah Palin, Kay Arthur and Karen Kingsbury speak. My favorite was Anita Renfroe. Talk about laugh, I thought I would die!! Did you know that the only exercise the liver receives is when you laugh? Who Knew??? There were 9,000 women attending and it was was so awesome to hear their voices lifted in song to our God. If you ever get a chance, please attend. I promise you will receive a blessing.

We traveled in five vehicles and it was interesting to get us all to the places we wanted to go! Best meal of the week-end was of course the Cheesecake Factory. For some reason I later looked in my purse and there was a piece of cheesecake!!! Unfortunately, I had forgotten to pack my diet so I ate it!!! Heaven in a slice!

Different speakers, same idea: How long will God protect a nation that calls evil things good and good things evil? We better get ourselves aligned with God or the USA will be suffering the consequences. We need to stand firm on the word of God and not tolerate the sins that seem to be more acceptable these days. God's word is firm, we must stand firm.

I was surprised how dry OKC was. I knew the Texas Panhandle was suffering, but so is Oklahoma. Pray for rain, please. The wildfires in Texas, New Mexico, and Oklahoma need a good drenching rain to help stop them. Please Lord, let it rain!!! Please pray for the families that are suffering because of all the fires.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Southern California

I am your newest follower. I invite you to visit my blog and become a follower.

God bless you and have a nice Easter :-)

~Ron